Are you struggling with stubborn body fat that won’t go away no matter how much you diet and exercise? It’s easy to become discouraged when it seems that even when you give it your all, you just can’t budge the fat. Fortunately, we can help, with CoolSculpting to melt it away.
The only FDA-approved non-surgical fat-reduction treatment to use controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat, CoolSculpting destroys pockets of fat that are resistant to change, without liposuction or other surgical procedures. CoolSculpting uses freezing energy to destroy targeted fat cells, which are then flushed out of the body. Want to know more? Here are some answers to questions we frequently hear about CoolSculpting.
- Does CoolSculpting really work? Yes! Studies have shown that CoolSculpting can reduce fat cells by up to 21 percent in the targeted area.
- What happens during the procedure? A gel pad and applicator are applied to the target area, and the applicator is used to deliver controlled cooling to the fat cells in the area while leaving the skin intact.
- Are there different types of CoolSculpting? There are different types of applicators, which allow CoolSculpting treatments to be customized to meet your needs. At Skin Cancer Specialists, we also offer DualSculpting, which allows us to use two CoolSculpting machines at the same time, to work on multiple problem areas, cutting the treatment time in half.
- How much downtime is needed for this procedure? There’s virtually no downtime, and most patients return to their normal activities immediately following the CoolSculpting procedure. There are, however, side effects which include some swelling and tenderness at the site. This typically resolves within a few weeks.
- How many treatments will it take? For most people, there are significant results after just one treatment. Some people opt to have a second treatment twelve weeks after their first session. Each person’s body is different, so your clinician will help you to determine the right treatment plan for you.
- How soon should I expect to see results? Some people notice results as early as three weeks after their treatment, but most people see dramatic results between one and three months following their treatment.
- Are the results permanent? CoolSculpting destroys fat cells, which are then flushed out of the body. Those fat cells are eliminated and will not come back. However, if you want to maintain the results, it’s important to stick to a healthy lifestyle and manage your weight. If you gain weight, the number of fat cells won’t increase, but the fat cells that remain in your body will grow larger.
- Is CoolSculpting safe? There have been more than seven million CoolSculpting treatments worldwide, and it’s known to be a safe and effective way to reduce fat. Additionally, CoolSculpting systems have built-in safety features, with sensors that signal the system to shut down if the skin is getting too cold.
- Am I a good candidate for CoolSculpting? The CoolSculpting procedure is for people who have stubborn fat in targeted areas and is not a weight-loss solution for people who have a lot of weight to lose. If you’ve considered liposuction but are looking for a non-surgical alternative, CoolSculpting may be right for you.
If you’re interested in learning more about CoolSculpting, the experts at Skin Cancer Specialists, P.C. & Aesthetic Center are happy to answer your questions. Originally conceived as a practice devoted solely to treating people with skin cancer, we have expanded our services to also become a premier dermatology practice with an aesthetic center that is staffed by licensed cosmetologists and aestheticians. Continually adapting our practice to reflect new and improved technique and procedures, we adhere to the highest standards in the industry. Call one of our offices or contact us through our website to learn about our personalized care and what we can do for you.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.